Resolving Mechanic’s And Construction Lien Conflicts Effectively

Builders, contractors and other parties involved in the building or renovating property file liens as a recourse when they believe that they have not received full payment for their services. If you own a home or commercial property, this document can affect your ability to refinance the property or sell it in the future.

Our real estate lawyers at Storm & Piscopo, P.C. represent homeowners and commercial property owners who have mechanics or construction liens attached to their property. Whether you have received a pre-lien notice or are anticipating a lawsuit, we have the background necessary to identify an appropriate course of action to pursue.

Minimizing the Impact A Claim Has On Your Title

Our attorneys draw on their extensive experience with Illinois statutes to ensure the lien was filed on time and all required notices were given. We will also discuss your side of the story, and whether you dispute that the work was provided or correctly done.

Upon establishing the validity of the lien, we will advise you on your best options, regarding:

  • Responding to the lien or payment demand letter
  • Securing a lien bond
  • Negotiating with the lien holder to remove the property lien
  • Litigating the dispute in court

If the lienholder has not removed the mechanic’s or construction lien after you have satisfied your financial obligations or have resolved the matter in court, our lawyers will help you obtain and complete the required lien release form.

It is likely that your real property is your most valuable personal asset or source of revenue. Depend on our knowledgeable attorneys to zealously defend your interests when addressing invalid or costly claim disputes.

Real Estate Debt Disputes Are Complex Legal Matters. Contact Our Team For Advice.

Time is of the essence when you are trying to sell or refinance a property that has a lien attached. Our Geneva firm provides prompt representation to our real estate clients. Arrange your appointment with us by calling 630-232-6170.