Stephen M. Cooper
- Civil Litigation
- Matrimonial Litigation
Stephen M. Cooper, a lifelong resident of Geneva, Illinois has officially retired from the practice of law and as a member of our firm.
Stephen served the Geneva community as a skilled and dedicated trial attorney for over 45 years. Following his graduation from the University of Wisconsin, Stephen served in the United States Peace Corps for two years before attending law school at the University of Illinois. While in law school he earned the prestigious distinction of becoming a member of the Order of the Coif for academic achievement. Stephen received his law degree in 1971 and was admitted to the practice of law in Illinois that same year. He then served as a judicial law clerk for the United State Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit for two years before returning to his hometown of Geneva. He would go on to become one of the most experienced, respected, and distinguished attorneys in the Chicago area.
We wish him the very best in his retirement!
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- Honors: Member, Order of the Coif
- University of Wisconsin
- Illinois, 1971
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Classes & Seminars
- Kane County Mediation Program, Mediator
- Illinois Public Defender Trial Practice Program, Instructor
- United States Peace Corps
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, Judicial Law Clerk
- Illinois Pattern Jury Instructions, Committee Member
- Kane County Mediation Program
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, Member