Protecting You And Your Loved Ones In Illinois Family Law Matters
To experience a divorce can be one of the most trying times of a person’s life. In addition to the emotional struggles, the legal issues surrounding the dissolution of marriage, such as child custody, property division, alimony/maintenance and child support, can make the road ahead seem daunting. Even an uncontested divorce can have complicated issues that need to be carefully addressed to avoid problems later.
If you find yourself facing a divorce, the family law attorneys at Storm & Piscopo, P.C. understand those problems. We will listen to your concerns and create lasting legal solutions, so you can move on with your life. Contact us today.
The Need For An Illinois Divorce Attorney
Numerous difficult and complex decisions must be made when filing for divorce. Our attorneys will guide you through the entire process, listen to your concerns and help you understand your options regarding matters such as:
- Child custody and visitation: Custody and visitation issues will be tailored to your needs through negotiation or litigation, depending upon the circumstances.
- Child support: Our attorneys can create plans that comply with the Illinois child support guidelines and address immediate as well as future financial matters.
- Property division: We carefully evaluate all assets and debts to create an equitable agreement that includes consideration of any tax implications and valuation of complex assets, such as professional practices and family businesses.
- Spousal maintenance: Also known as alimony, there are numerous types of support that can be explained by our divorce attorneys and negotiated into a divorce decree.
Our firm also handles family law matters such as:
- Modification and enforcement: If your divorce settlement is not working, we can petition the court for a modification. If your former spouse or co-parent is not following court orders, we can alert the judge so proper enforcement measures are taken.
- Paternity actions: Determining paternity is essential for your child’s future. Our lawyers can file a paternity action and resolve any legal issues that may follow.
- Prenuptial/premarital agreements: Our attorneys have extensive experience drafting prenuptial agreements that are equitable and give consideration to the financial future of each party.
- School litigation: We represent the families of students who have been suspended, expelled or forbidden from participating in school activities. Our lawyers will provide counsel throughout every step of the process, file necessary paperwork and attend all hearings and proceedings.
If you are going through a divorce or are involved in a child visitation dispute, our Geneva family law attorneys can help.
Please contact us to schedule an initial consultation. For certain matters, we offer free initial consultations with one of our attorneys. We also offer low flat rates for other initial consultations. Call 630-232-6170 to arrange your consultation today.